A. M. Publishing recently released its quarterly Trust Performance Report, which tracks the trust industry’s asset and revenue data. The following are a few highlights:
- Asset growth rates are improving.
- Revenue growth rates are also improving although revenue growth rates lag asset growth.
- According to the 2016 Fiduciary Earnings and Expenses report, investment in training remains low.
- Efficiency improved for all peer groups except the smallest institutions.
- In 2014, 75% of trust institutions that forecasted raising one or more fees, did so. In 2015, 60% did so. More institutions report that their focus is on policing their existing fee schedule to ensure full implementation.
- The top performers, by asset growth rate, include HSBC Bank (167%), Amboy Bank (99%), Advantage Trust (94%), and Iberiabank (90%).