No trust news today….just statistics. A. M. Publishing recently released its annual Trust Performance Report, which tracks the trust industry’s asset and income data. The following are a few highlights from the 2016 Report which reflects 2015 data:
- 4 out of every 5 trust institutions reported asset declines.
- 2 out of every 3 trust institutions posted revenue growth.
- A large number of trust institutions, 70, left the business in 2015. 84% of the institutions that left the trust business reported less than $500 million in total assets.
- In 2015, 15% of trust institutions raised fees; slightly more than 20% of trust institutions plan to raise fees in 2016.
- While trust industry assets overall shrank for the first time in 8 years, TIAA-CREF reported asset growth of 212%.